ROYAL CARIBBEAN LIGHTS UP ICON OF THE SEAS WITH NEW BARS, NIGHTLIFE
The First-of-its-Kind Vacation Sets the Bar with More Hot Spots for Sips, Live Music and Ways to Play
Royal Caribbean International plans to make every hour the happiest of hours on the highly anticipated Icon of the Seas. The cruise line has just unveiled more than 15 of the bars and nightlife experiences on Icon of the Seas that will light up the world’s best vacation when the sun sets.
Parents, couples, and friends can make a toast to vacations and celebrations at new and returning hot spots. Whether vacationers are looking for live music or to bar hop, Icon will debut an unrivaled lineup when it sets sail in January 2024.
Across the newly revealed venues, which are among 40-plus ways to dine, drink, and be entertained, guests are in for all-new experiences along with returning favorites. Serving up brand firsts are venues like Lou’s Jazz ‘n Blues in Central Park and Dueling Pianos in Royal Promenade. There’s also spots to grab a drink before a show like the Rye & Bean coffee bar in AquaDome and the Bubbles champagne bar in Central Park.
When it comes to favorites, there’s the Trellis Bar and its first menu of bites and Playmakers Sports Bar & Arcade. Every place has a sense of new – whether it’s a new look and location or signature cocktails exclusive to Icon.
“We’ve set out to introduce a new kind of vacation in every sense and taken a blank slate to create an unparalleled blend of ways vacationers can celebrate and make memories whatever their mood, vibe and style,” said Linken D’Souza, vice president, food and beverage, Royal Caribbean International. “From all-new venues and bolder favorites to new iconic drinks on every menu, zero-proof cocktails and twists to classics, there’s something for everyone to make the most of their nights out on Icon of the Seas.”
Hot Spots for Stunning Sips and Shows
- Dueling Pianos – In Royal Caribbean’s first dueling pianos bar, it’s the battle of the baby grands. Two talented pianists take song requests to bring high-energy performances to the Royal Promenade – the heart of Icon.
- Lou’s Jazz ‘n Blues – The new spot fills the open-air Central Park with live performances of soulful classics and jazz pop tunes. This venue invites music lovers to take it all in from indoors or as they stroll by the thousands of real plants during Jazz in the Park.
- Rye & Bean – Matching the transformational experiences in the AquaDome, this new coffee shop offers everything from classic cups of joe to espresso cocktails. It’s a cozy morning hangout with endless ocean views by day. Then, it transforms into a buzzing bar with views of deck-defying entertainment in the AquaTheater by night.
- The Overlook and Overlook Pods – The elevated lounge and first-of-their-kind nooks at sea take nights out and hangouts to another level. The wraparound windows in the AquaDome bring the ocean center stage during the day. At night, the cruise line’s marquee aqua shows are just a few steps away. The next-level pods are where friends can lounge with a drink, play classic boardgames, and kick back to live music.
- Returning favorites include The Attic, inspired by Manhattan’s dark and intimate comedy clubs with adults-only live shows. Additionally, guests can rock out at the Music Hall to the house tribute band.
Hot Spots for an Unforgettable Ambiance
- 1400 Lobby Bar – Inspired by the history of shipbuilding, this is where vacationers can start to make memories as soon as they board. The bar will feature a mix of daytime and evening sips developed with renowned mixologist Tony Abou-Ganim. The venue’s also the first to open the vibrant Royal Promenade to the outdoors with an ocean-facing terrace.
- Bubbles – It’s three cheers at the new walkup champagne window in Central Park. Here, guests can enjoy glasses of mimosas, prosecco, Bellini, and even bottles of bubbly.
- Returning favorites include a larger Trellis Bar in Central Park, with a new look and a debut menu of bites. Boleros, the lively club that brings the heat with Latin flavor. And, the signature Schooner Bar, where pianists set the tone for pre-dinner drinks and nightcaps.
More Ways to Play
- Point & Feather – The neighborhood English pub on Royal Promenade has a new open layout. It will also feature games of darts and sips joining the signature lineup of pints and the live guitarist.
- Playmakers Sports Bar & Arcade – This returning favorite serves up gameday bar fare and ice-cold beers. It’s where vacationers can catch their home teams on dozens of screens and play arcade and tabletop games.
- Spotlight Karaoke – Aspiring singers take the stage with their friends and family at this fan-favorite karaoke spot on Royal Promenade.
Icon will sail 7-night Eastern and Western Caribbean vacations from Miami year-round. Every cruise will visit Perfect Day at CocoCay in The Bahamas. Here, adventurers can create their perfect vacation day at Thrill Waterpark’s 13 waterslides, the first overwater cabanas in The Bahamas at Coco Beach Club, and more. Vacationers will also visit idyllic Caribbean destinations like Cozumel, Mexico; Philipsburg, St. Maarten; and Roatan, Honduras.
More details about the first Icon Class ship will be revealed in the coming months. Travelers can dive into the all-new vacation on www.RoyalCaribbean.com/Icon.
SOURCE Royal Caribbean
Are you excited to hear that Royal Caribbean highlights the new bars and nightlife on Icon of the Seas? Do you have plans to sail on this ship when she sets sail in 2024? Drop us an anchor below to share what venues you are most eager to check out.
Stay up to date with the latest cruise news and travel updates!