Royal Caribbean’s first private island, CocoCay, is located about 50 miles north of Nassau in the Bahamas. Although the island is less than a mile wide, its 140 acres are jam packed with plenty of things to do and see. We have visited this island a few times now and have come up with our list of the Top Ten CocoCay Excursions to help you plan your visit to this slice of paradise.
Top 10 CocoCay Excursions
10. Explore the Island – While not an “excursion”, one of our favorite things to do in CocoCay, Bahamas is to take a walk around the resort. There are some really well marked walking paths and maybe a few trails that leave you wandering the island a bit. But either way, it is nice to escape the crowds and go on your own little island safari. You may be surprised what you find.
Where will your explorations of CocoCay take you?
9. Splash in the Caylana’s Castle Cove – One of the larger water parks in the Bahamas, Caylana’s Castle Cove is an inflatable water park with large water trampolines, a floating water slide, and a log roll. It offers attractions for swimmers of all ages and is definitely a wet and wild CocoCay excursion. The section is roped off near the beach so you will be safe from other watercrafts. For those travelers who want even more thrills, you can combine this attraction with a ride on the inflatable waterslide located on land.
Caylana’s Castle Cove
8. Kayak Adventure – The shallow waters surrounding the island make it a great habitat for wildlife including sting rays and a variety of exotic fish. See these creatures, while also getting a tour of the perimeter of the island, with the Kayak Adventure. This guided tour in a two person kayak is a great opportunity to learn more about the eco-system of this Gold-Level Eco-Certified island.
7. Parasail Adventure Tour – Get a bird’s eye view of the island as you sail 400 feet above sea level in this relaxing, and at the same time exhilarating, Parasail Adventure Tour. You and a guest will float high above CocoCay, Bahamas as a speed boat takes you around the island. Pictures are a must on this tour, but just be sure to keep your camera secured.
See CocoCay from the air
6. Nature Walk – If you want to stay on land during your trip, then a guided tour of the Nature Walk should be on your list of CocoCay excursions. This 90 minute tour will allow you to see the natural beauty of the island while you discover animals and plants in their native habitat. A few surprises might be in store during your walk, so have your camera ready. You can also explore the trail on your own if you would rather go at your own pace.
See inside CocoCay, Bahamas
5. Visit the Straw Market – Looking for the perfect souvenir or gift to take home with you? Then a stop at the Straw Market, right near the docks on CocoCay, Bahamas, is in order. The vendors there do not accept Sea Pass cards, so you should bring cash. T-shirts, jewelry, arts and crafts, and plenty of other goods are available from various vendors.
A little shopping on CocoCay
4. CocoCay Wave Jet Tour – Looking for a little more excitement during your stay on the island? Then you should pre-book an exhilarating Wave Jet Tour. This is a guided tour, and the wave jets do accommodate two passengers. So, hold on tight as you zoom by your fellow cruisers in this fast paced, heart pumping island tour.
3. Snorkel Adventure and Underwater Treasure Hunt – The rocky coastline of CocoCay is prime real estate for diverse aquatic life. What better way to explore these waters than by snorkeling. During this tour, you may come across submerged planes or schools of fish, all while you are on the lookout for some buried treasure. A prize awaits those who find one of the hidden pieces of gold scattered throughout the waters adjacent to the island.
Coast line of CocoCay
2. Stingray City Bahamas – Venture beyond the confines of the island in this CocoCay Excursion to Stingray Cay. After a short speedboat ride, you will be swimming in the crystal clear waters alongside some friendly Southern Stingrays. You will be able to interact and feed these charming creatures under the supervision of staff in this hour and a half long tour. And the best part is that there will still be plenty of time to enjoy all the private island has to offer upon your return.
1. Relax on the beach – When in doubt, our favorite CocoCay excursion consists of finding a nice spot in the sun, or shade, for some rest and relaxation. Perhaps an upgrade to a beach bungalow or cabana is just what the doctor ordered. When things get too hot, you can always take a dip in the water or swim out to the Floating Bar to enjoy the island’s favorite cocktail, the Coco Loco. This frozen mix of juice, rum, and ice is reason enough to stay on the island for the day. Hey, you are not driving the ship!
Enjoying the beach on CocoCay, Bahamas
There you have it, our Top Ten CocoCay Excursions. With so many choices, it might be hard to try to do it all in one trip. That is probably why we continue to book cruises that stop at the island!
What’s your favorite thing to do in CocoCay, Bahamas? What are your recommendations for travelers who have never been to the island? Drop us an anchor below to help your fellow cruisers find the perfect CocoCay Excursions.