CRYSTAL SERENITY RETURNS TO SERVICE, HERALDING A NEW ERA OF CRUISING
Reimagined Ship Sets Sail in Marseille With Updated Spaces and Exceptional Experiences
Crystal officially relaunches under the new guardianship of A&K Travel Group, as Crystal Serenity sets sail following a multi-million-dollar refurbishment. Departing on its inaugural voyage from Marseille, the cruise line’s largest vessel accommodates 740 guests. It is the first of two ships returning to service this summer.
With an industry-leading space-to-guest ratio and nearly one staff member per guest, Crystal Serenity fosters endless opportunities for inspiration and enrichment, complemented by unparalleled service. Larger, redesigned suites, award-winning specialty dining restaurants, and restorative public spaces further expose passengers to heightened experiences enroute to the world’s most sought-after destinations.
“Crystal has been recognized for decades for exceptional experiences and we are excited to welcome guests back onboard for its new gilded era,” said A&K Travel Group CEO, Cristina Levis. “In just one year, we’ve been able to revitalize the ships, a feat nearly unheard of in our industry. It is an honor to be signaling this new chapter better than ever and right on schedule, all while retaining 80% of Crystal’s beloved crew on board.”
After the first voyage from Marseille to Lisbon, Crystal Serenity will sail to locales like UK, Ireland, and Iceland. The ship then travels to the Americas offering experiences as north as Canada to as south as Cartagena, Colombia.
Then, she will set off on the 2024 World Cruise, sailing from San Diego or Miami for 125 nights. This highly anticipated voyage visits 29 countries and 62 breathtaking destinations and iconic landscapes.
Suites & Guest Rooms
Accommodations feature neutral tones and high-end fixtures. They are complemented by subtle hues of pastel colors that resonate with the color of the ocean. Elevated details, contemporary craftsmanship, and artisanal finishes embody modern refinement, while the spacious layouts maximize in-room relaxation.
As part of the ship’s refurbishments, there are two new guest room categories – the Jr. Crystal Penthouse Suite and Single Guest Room with Ocean View. This provides an option for solo travelers without the worry of paying additional single supplements. These new categories will also increase the availability of the popular Sapphire Suite category.
● Single Guest Room with Ocean View: Cozy bedroom (up to 215 sq ft) redesigned in 2023, with welcoming detail, butler service, and ocean views.
● Sapphire Veranda Suite: Spacious suite (up to 430 sq ft) with living area, elegant finishings, and private veranda, accompanied by butler service. Sapphire suites are available to book in new and classic design.
● Junior Crystal Penthouse Suite: Redesigned in 2023, this large suite (up to 645 sq ft) includes spacious rooms with separate dining and living areas looking onto a private veranda, also accompanied by butler service.
With eleven distinct dining options, including 24-hour in-suite dining service, guests have access to unparalleled culinary experiences.
● Umi Uma: The return of legendary Master Chef Nobuyuki (Nobu) Matsuhisa’s Umi Uma. This is the only Nobu dining concept at sea where guests can enjoy award-winning, innovative Japanese-Peruvian cuisine.
● Osteria D’Ovidio: Fine Italian cuisine, featuring original menus and dishes created by talented Crystal chefs.
● Waterside Restaurant: Crystal’s main dining room features open seating for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
● The Bistro: A café and coffee bar with snacks in the morning and delicacies throughout the afternoon.
● Trident Grill: Set poolside, Trident Grill features classic delights like burgers, melts, salads and more.
● Scoops Ice Cream Bar: Crystal’s dessert bar features Italian gelato with fresh toppings, frozen yogurt, homemade cookies, and more.
● The Vintage Room: Offers intimate guided pairings and dinners highlighting a vast selection of wines from the ship’s cellar.
● Tastes Kitchen & Bar: Globally inspired cuisine and casual “family style” dining experience, Tastes offers tapas-style cuisine for guests.
● Marketplace: A buffet style dining wrapped in floor to ceiling windows and a chic open air dining area.
Crystal’s new spa concept, Aurōra, is set to be the most serene wellness destination at sea with a new design boasting light-bright neutral colors, an illuminated fiber optic starlight ceiling, organic materials and a natural salt crystal and silk brushed slate stone. The extensive treatment offerings include more signature facials, massage treatments and a full-service Salon.
● Aurōra LED and Cryo Facial Experience that instantly plumps and tones the skin.
● Biotec 2.0 The Ultimate Facial designed to reveal a youthful appearance after just one treatment.
● Aurōra Stone Signature Massage which incorporates hot stones for relaxed muscle.
Furthermore, Crystal recently announced the appointment of Dalila Roglieri as Head Nutritionist for the brand, rounding out the holistic wellness experience for guests.
Serenity’s sister ship Crystal Symphony is currently undergoing renovations and will resume service for its inaugural voyage in Athens on Sept. 1.
SOURCE Crystal Cruises
Are you happy to hear that Crystal Serenity returns to service? Have you previously sailed on a Crystal Cruises ship? Drop us an anchor below to share what you love about this luxury cruise line.