Celebrity Cruises’ Transformational Edge Series Ship to “Journey WonderFULL” Through Australia, New Zealand and South Pacific for 2023/2024 Season
Travelers can enjoy six-to-13-night itineraries filled with an array of stunning ports, overnight destination stays and luxurious onboard experiences
MIAMI (September 22, 2021) – Globally renowned for pioneering new-luxury travel at sea, Celebrity Cruises today announced plans for its revolutionary Celebrity Edge to debut Down Under for the 2023/24 season.
The brand’s signature Edge Series ship will offer an array of six-to-13-night itineraries from early December 2023 through April 2024, designed to immerse guests in the spoils of the stunning coastlines of Australia and neighbouring New Zealand, along with the tropical South Pacific.
Reigniting guests’ wanderlust to see the world again, guests will be able to select from 12 bespoke itineraries visiting an impressive collection of 22 ports with departures from both Sydney and Auckland.
Named ‘one of the world’s greatest places’ by Time Magazine, Celebrity Edge is widely regarded as the most innovative cruise ship on earth. The ship’s onboard experience stands apart from anything else at sea, creating an exciting modern cruising experience with its contemporary interior and unique outward-facing design offering guests unparalleled views of the sea and the destinations visited.
“Our new advertising campaign poses a question, ‘Isn’t it time?’ to treat ourselves and to get out and experience the world, again. There’s no better way to experience this amazing part of the world than on our award-winning, transformational Celebrity Edge,” said Celebrity Cruises President & CEO Lisa Lutoff-Perlo. “She’s a luxury boutique hotel, Michelin-quality dining, a luxurious spa retreat with the world at your service. We are so excited to offer such a truly special vacation experience Down Under.”
Celebrity Cruises Vice President and Managing Director of Australia and APAC, Tim Jones, said: “Celebrity Edge has changed how people view a cruise holiday and she is in a class of her own with a plethora of firsts onboard. We have long-anticipated her arrival to the region – this is a moment of real celebration for Australian travellers and Celebrity Cruises.”
Some of the remarkable features guests of Celebrity Edge can look forward to include:
- The exclusive The Retreat® with its private restaurant, and exclusive lounge and sundeck available to all suite guests. In addition, a dedicated team of hosts and concierges on-hand 24/7, ensures everything is taken care of while on vacation.
- Transformational accommodations, from modern two-story villas with plunge pools to staterooms with Infinite Verandas®, that blur the boundaries between indoor and outdoor living, all carefully curated and designed by the award-winning British designer Kelly Hoppen CBE and featuring Celebrity’s signature eXhale® bedding.
- The Magic Carpet®, soaring cantilevered above the sea and offering guests uninterrupted vistas while sipping cocktails or having dinner.
- An unrivaled culinary repertoire of 29 distinct restaurants, bars, and lounges connecting guests to the destinations they will visit like never before. Globally-inspired menus crafted by a Michelin-star chef bring the flavors of the world straight to the plate, providing an epicurean journey unmatched at sea.
- Eden, spanning three decks and featuring more outward-facing glass than any other room at sea, offers a multi-sensory fusion of one-of-a-kind culinary and entertainment experiences.
- Wellness woven in throughout the ship experience including: The Spa, a sprawling 22,000 sq. ft. wellness destination offering more than 120 treatments, many inspired by the destinations the ship visits; the SEA Thermal Suite featuring eight distinct rooms including a steam room, float room, salt room, and heated tile loungers, among others; beauty and fitness experiences never before offered at sea including a Kerastase Salon; and Peloton bikes and F45 Training.
Highlights of Celebrity Cruises’ upcoming 2023/24 season Down Under include:
- Uniquely themed itineraries including ‘Sun and Beach Escapes’, ‘Food and Wine Classics’, and ‘Five Star Getaways’, providing deeper immersion into the region’s unique culture, brought to life through enhanced onboard and shoreside programming.
- Overnight opportunities in Cairns, Australia; Auckland, New Zealand; and Hobart, Tasmania, for guests to take in more of the wonders of the magnificent surroundings.
- A new port visiting the scenic Kangaroo Island, one of Australia’s most vibrant nature reserves.
- Every New Zealand sailing exploring both the North and South islands of this incredibly scenic country;
- A sun-filled South Pacific itinerary transporting guests to some of the world’s most beautiful islands – New Caledonia, Vanuatu and Mystery Island.
Healthy At Sea
Celebrity Cruises has established new health and safety measures in accordance with guidance from public health authorities, government agencies, and its own team of health and safety experts to provide guests with the peace of mind to fully enjoy their voyage.
All Celebrity ships now sail with a COVID-19 vaccinated crew and require all vaccine-eligible guests to also be vaccinated. .
Guests are encouraged to review the new health and safety measures in place across the entire Celebrity Cruises vacation experience at https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea.
Every Luxury Covered
Simplifying the luxury holiday experience, Wi-Fi, drinks, and service charges are now ‘Always IncludedSM’ on every Celebrity cruise.
Celebrity Edge 23/24 sailings open for sale to the general public on October 14, 2021. For more information on ways to ‘Journey WonderFULL’ Down Under with Celebrity Cruises, visit www.CelebrityCruises.com/2023-2024-cruises.
SOURCE Celebrity Cruises
What do you think of the news that Celebrity Edge heads Down Under for the 2023/2024 season? Have you cruised Australia, New Zealand, or the South Pacific? Drop us an anchor below to share your experiences cruising this region of the world.