CELEBRITY CRUISES REVEALS DETAILS FOR ITS UPCOMING SHIP – CELEBRITY ASCENT
Ascent will be the newest ship out of South Florida upon its November 2023 debut
Celebrity Cruises reveals details about what travelers can experience on board the brand’s newest resort at sea, Celebrity Ascent, once it launches this November. Touted as one of the “Best New U.S. Cruises of 2023” by Conde Nast Traveler, Celebrity Ascent will be based in South Florida for the 2023-2024 Caribbean season.
Cruising out of Port Everglades in Ft. Lauderdale from December 2023 to April 2024, she will transport guests to some of the Caribbean’s most desired destinations. These include the Bahamas, Grand Cayman, Puerto Rico, and the British Virgin Islands. She will then depart to Europe for a summer of bucket-list Mediterranean cruises in Greece, Italy, Turkey, Spain, and France.
On board Celebrity Ascent, guests will enjoy the signature experiences of the brand’s Edge Series ships, including its industry-first outward facing design that maximizes views and outdoor areas. Guests can also enjoy a robust food and beverage program with 30 plus choices from casual to fine dining to satisfy all palates. Plus, there’s spacious and sleek stateroom accommodations catering to all travelers from solo adventurers and couples, to multi-generational family groups.
“I am so excited to introduce the world to Celebrity Ascent and continue the legacy of Celebrity’s Edge Series,” says Celebrity Cruises’ President, Laura Hodges Bethge. “First launched in 2018, the Edge Series transformed what cruising could be and its ships like Edge, Apex and Beyond quickly became consumer favorites. Continuously striving to offer travelers a better way to enjoy travel and reach the world around them, we are so proud of what we have built and look forward to welcoming both seasoned and new cruisers alike.”
Edge Series Favorites Return
Incorporating all the features of her sister ships in the Edge Series, Celebrity Ascent will bring back favored signature experiences. These include:
- The Theatre – that takes entertainment at sea to a new level with state-of-the-art technology and experiential, imaginative performances.
- The Rooftop Garden – the ultimate outdoor haven where guests can enjoy live music, movies, infinity float pools, and even al fresco dining at the Rooftop Garden Grill.
- The Spa – where holistic wellness takes center stage through 120 destination-inspired treatments, the SEA Thermal Suite featuring eight distinctive therapeutic experiences, specialty treatment beds, a full-service salon, and barber.
- The sprawling Resort Deck – featuring a main pool lined with cabanas, two-story martini-glass-shaped hot tubs, and The Solarium, an adults-only retreat built for relaxation and complete with pool, hot tub, and loungers.
- The Sunset Bar designed by Nate Berkus – where an international beach club ambiance meets fresh sea breezes and boundless views.
- The Magic Carpet – the world’s first cantilevered lounge and gathering space at sea sits on the edge of the ship. It offers a new way to drink, dine, and socialize while enjoying unobstructed panoramic views.
- Inventive culinary experiences – like the three-story Eden Bar and Restaurant featuring floor-to-ceiling views, or the fully immersive and animated Le Petit Chef dinner.
- The Grand Plaza and Martini Bar – that stun guests with an interactive chandelier and jaw-dropping Flair, Flash, Fusion bartender shows.
- Modernized accommodation options – such as the Infinite Veranda that transforms from window to terrace with the push of a button. Or, the AquaClass staterooms built for wellbeing-seekers that are packed with thoughtful design and exclusive amenities.
New Food and Beverage Experiences
Celebrity Ascent will treat guests to a culinary journey that includes some new experiences.
- Redesigned Le Voyage by Daniel Boulud restaurant – first featured on Celebrity Beyond, the brand will continue its partnership with Boulud and introduce his second restaurant at sea. The reimagined space will offer an intimate fine dining experience inspired by the Chef’s travels.
- Plant-based tasting menu at Eden Restaurant – bringing guests closer to the earth through a culinary journey rooted in fresh and seasonal ingredients.
- Never-before-seen Le Petit Chef dinner – the crowd favorite dinner will feature an all-new animation and menu to match.
- Bourbon offerings and tastings – expanding on existing whiskey tastings, Craft Social will now offer high-end bourbons and new tasting seminars.
- More Martinis at the Martini Bar – aligning with the trend of low-sugar cocktails and fresh, crisp ingredients, the Martini Bar will feature brand-new creations and an expanded menu including lychee and passion fruit martinis.
- Revitalized Main Dining Experience – once again featuring four complimentary main dining options, each with a signature menu and rotating nightly dishes. Further, Ascent will feature a redesigned Cosmopolitan restaurant inspired by the culture of champagne.
- Outdoor terrace at Blu – the clean-cuisine restaurant exclusive to AquaClass guests will feature an outdoor terrace with 24-person seating that will be available for daytime dining.
New Entertainment, Art, and Retail Experiences
On board Ascent, travelers will enjoy enhanced entertainment, art, and retail offerings.
- Nightly entertainment – as the sun sets, the Resort Deck will become the center stage for the ultimate nightlife experience. It will treat guests to an open-air celebration with live performances, music, and a DJ creating a pulsating dance floor.
- New production shows – building on Celebrity’s award-winning entertainment, the brand is partnering with industry-leading creatives to introduce three spectacular new productions shows in The Theatre. The ship will also feature new interactive experiences in The Club and immersive shows in the Eden Bar and Restaurant. All will feature world-class dancers, vocalists, musicians, and specialty artists.
- Redesigned Casino floor and brand-new games – Ascent will feature an all-new gaming floor complete with a new layout, new design featuring deep reds and golds, and all new slot machines with the latest technology.
- Redesigned Art Gallery – the new space is thoughtfully reimagined, allowing guests to better experience priceless art pieces, and enjoy exclusive auctions and art events.
- The Sunset Collection by Nate Berkus – a collection of chic travel and home accessories available exclusively on board Celebrity Ascent.
How to Set Sail on Celebrity Ascent
With a vast array of dates and itineraries, Ascent is slated for an exciting winter Caribbean and summer Europe season. Options to sail include:
- Be one of the first to experience Ascent by booking one of the Preview sailings. There’s the 4-Night Western Caribbean voyage on November 22, 2023, or the 3-Night Bahamas getaway on November 26, 2023.
- Join a monumental celebration by taking part in the 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Maiden Voyage on December 3, 2023.
- Pick from one of the ship’s signature Caribbean sailings that take place from mid-December 2023 to early April 2024. These include the 7-Night Bahamas, Mexico and Grand Cayman itinerary or the 7-Night San Juan, Tortola and St. Kitts.
- Celebrate the holidays at sea during the 7-Night Bahamas, Mexico and Grand Cayman Holiday Cruise departing on December 24, 2023. Or, ring in the New Year on the 7-Night San Juan, Tortola, and St. Kitts cruise departing on December 31, 2023.
- Kick off the summer with the ultimate Mediterranean getaway on the 9-Night Italian Riviera and France itinerary. Or, cross Rome, Naples, Mykonos, and Santorini off your bucket-list during the 12-Night Best of Greece and Italy
SOURCE Celebrity Cruises
Are you excited to hear that Celebrity Cruises reveals details of Celebrity Ascent? Do you have plans to cruise on this fourth Edge Class ship when she debuts? Drop us an anchor below to share what you love about cruising with Celebrity.