START SPREADING THE NEWS: BIG APPLE WELCOMES ITS LARGEST CRUISE SHIP
One of the World’s Largest, Most Innovative Ships, Oasis of the Seas Marks the Official Start of its Debut Season in the New York Area
NEW YORK, Sept. 13, 2021 – Memorable vacations from the Northeast are back and bolder than ever. Royal Caribbean marked its comeback in the Big Apple with the highly anticipated New York debut of the iconic Oasis of the Seas, the largest and most innovative cruise ship to sail from the area. Returning from its first cruise yesterday, Oasis once again sets a new standard for vacations with a $165 million lineup of new thrills and guest favorites introduced in late 2019 for families and all travelers alike to enjoy. Highlights on deck include a resort-style pool deck, Portside BBQ, the cruise line’s first barbecue concept; and the tallest slide at sea, the 10-story Ultimate Abyss.
Oasis is now sailing 7-night cruises from Cape Liberty in Bayonne, New Jersey to The Bahamas, where guests can choose from a lineup of thrills and ways to chill at Royal Caribbean’s top-rated private island destination, Perfect Day at CocoCay.
Delivering unparalleled cruise vacations for more than a decade, the game-changing Oasis Class ship – now amplified – features showstopping entertainment, a variety of restaurants, lounges and bars and nonstop adventure throughout its seven unique neighborhoods, including the Boardwalk and Central Park. Oasis is transforming vacations yet again with its Big Apple debut that brings new, bold adventures to the area, including:
- The Perfect Storm, an action-packed trio of high-speed waterslides
- A reimagined resort-style pool deck with vibrant Caribbean vibes and more ways for all ages to kick back or have fun in casitas, hammocks and in-pool loungers, and at Splashaway Bay kids aqua park or signature poolside bar The Lime & Coconut
- Playmakers Sports Bar & Arcade, complete with 80 big-screen TVs, tabletop games, arcade classics, an Owner’s Box VIP area, bar fare and ice-cold brews
- Hotspots like Spotlight Karaoke, Bionic Bar – where a dynamic duo of robotic bartenders serve up favorite sips – and Music Hall, a live music venue with a revolving roster of cover bands and an expansive dance floor to match
- Adventure Ocean, reimagined into an interactive, personalized and immersive experience for young guests to choose their own adventures across new areas. And Social298, a maxed-out lounge just for teens, with the latest gaming consoles, music, movies, games and an outdoor deck known as The Patio.
Vacationers are also in for an “islandful” of thrills and ways to chill on Royal Caribbean’s private island destination Perfect Day at CocoCay. Guests can take their pick of riding 13 heart-pumping waterslides at Thrill Waterpark, including the tallest waterslide in North America; going up as high as 450 feet on helium balloon Up, Up & Away, the highest vantage point in The Bahamas; relaxing on one of the first floating cabanas in The Bahamas; diving into the infinity pool at Coco Beach Club; and more.
Oasis’ first season of cruises from the New York area, departing through October, are available to book now here.
Health and Safety Measures for all Royal Caribbean International Cruises
Vacationers sailing on Oasis can cruise with peace of mind knowing Royal Caribbean requires that all crew members and guests eligible for the vaccine be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Children younger than the eligible age for the vaccine on any cruise must undergo testing and follow other health and safety measures. Additional layers of health and safety protocols are also in place for everyone’s well-being. The cruise line’s full list of measures are available here, which includes vaccination and testing policies.
The vaccine policy is one of Royal Caribbean’s multilayered measures that are designed to safeguard guests, crew and the communities at every destination. These protocols include the ships’ robust ventilation systems, enhanced cleaning and sanitization, and cruising at reduced occupancy as ships initially return to sailing. The health and safety protocols will be evaluated as public health circumstances evolve.
To sail with families and travelers of all ages, including children ineligible for the vaccine, Oasis successfully completed a simulated voyage and received a Conditional Sailing Certificate from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The certificate confirms Royal Caribbean’s health and safety measures meet or exceed the CDC’s guidance and requirements.
SOURCE Royal Caribbean International
Are you excited that Oasis of the Seas finally debuts in the New York area? Do you have plans to cruise on this ship out of Cape Liberty? Drop us an anchor below to share your upcoming Royal Caribbean cruise plans.