MSC CRUISES OFFICIALLY NAMES ITS NEWEST FLAGSHIP, MSC EURIBIA, TONIGHT IN COPENHAGEN
- MSC Euribia is the most energy-efficient cruise ship design ever
- MSC Euribia to set sail for her inaugural season in Northern Europe
MSC Cruises names its newest flagship, MSC Euribia, during a ceremony in Copenhagen, honoring traditional maritime heritage and paying tribute to the environmentally advanced ship.
MSC Euribia is MSC Cruises’ second vessel powered by LNG, the cleanest marine fuel currently commercially available at scale. On board, she boasts a range of best-in-class environmental technology. She has also been designed with the future in mind, allowing her to easily incorporate future innovations in sustainability.
MSC Euribia is expected to be the most energy-efficient cruise ship design in the world at the time of her launch. During her maiden voyage, MSC Euribia completed a net zero GHG emissions journey from Saint-Nazaire to Copenhagen.
MSC Euribia‘s Naming Ceremony
Renowned Danish television host, actress, and model Sarah Grünewald will oversaw the Naming Ceremony. Joining the festivities were guests from around the world, key travel partners, and international media, as well as top management from MSC Cruises and its parent company, MSC Group.
Godmother of MSC Cruises’ fleet and globally recognized screen legend Sophia Loren was also in attendance to officially name the ship, continuing her long-standing and close relationship with MSC Cruises.
The momentous occasion included live entertainment and speeches combined with the important maritime tradition of cutting a ribbon to break a bottle of champagne over the ship’s bow. Guests enjoyed a gourmet gala dinner and unforgettable performances, including a spectacular DJ set by Bob Sinclar, internationally acclaimed French DJ and record producer.
The special event gave guests a first look at the revolutionary new ship’s cutting-edge design and various world-class guest experiences.
MSC Euribia begins sailing in Northern Europe this summer with 7-night sailings from Kiel, Germany and Copenhagen, Denmark. She will visit the captivating Norwegian Fjords, including Geiranger, Ålesund, and Flaam.
To find out more about MSC Cruises’ Northern Europe itinerary options, please click here.
About MSC Euribia
MSC Euribia is the 22nd vessel in the MSC Cruises fleet. She stands 19 decks high and 141 feet wide, with 2,419 cabins and boasting 37,6736 square feet of public space. Named after the ancient goddess Eurybia, who harnessed the winds, weather, and constellations to master the seas, MSC Euribia is furthering the vision of the ship to master the deployment of state-of-the-art technologies to protect and preserve the precious marine ecosystem.
She features an exclusive customized mural titled #SaveTheSea on her exterior to celebrate MSC Cruises’ ongoing dedication to the ocean and commitment to achieve net zero emissions by 2050.
As a Meraviglia-Plus class ship, MSC Euribia offers an abundance of dynamic guest experiences with innovative features, facilities, and enriching entertainment for the whole family.
Key highlights of MSC Euribia
- NEW! The Carousel Lounge features a new layout, offering even more panoramic ocean views. It allows guests to relax during the day or participate in a range of leisure activities, as well as enjoy a variety of live music every evening. This includes the Big Band at Sea – one of the largest live music groups sailing the world’s oceans.
- A revolutionary kids’ area featuring 7,534 square feet of interior space entirely dedicated to kids and teenagers. It features seven rooms, each catering to different age groups from ages 0 – 17. For the first time, it will include the NEW! MSC Foundation Lab. This space offers brand-new activities dedicated to educating children and teenagers about environmental topics.
- NEW! Guests can choose between 10 dining venues, including five specialty restaurants with the exciting new Le Grill, a stylish French bistro meets steakhouse, and Kaito Sushi & Robatayaki.
- NEW! Experience the artwork, Street. 2023, by renowned British artist Julian Opie in l’Atelier du Voyageur bar. The artwork, commissioned specifically for MSC Euribia, is an expansive 36 x 6 ft purpose-built LED screen featuring walking figures in Opie’s distinctive style.
- An impressive five pools and the ship’s very own coral-themed Ocean Cay AquaPark. This is one of the largest and most elaborate waterparks at sea, with three water slides for endless fun.
- The 945-seat Delphi Theatre offers world-class live entertainment every evening with a full seven-day program of big-production shows.
- The ship offers 21 bars and lounges with five outdoor and 16 indoor areas.
- Guests can explore and connect at Galleria Euribia, the longest LED Dome at sea. It features an array of shops, restaurants, and entertainment to discover.
To find out more about MSC Euribia, please click here.
SOURCE MSC Cruises
Are you happy to hear that MSC Cruises names its newest flagship, MSC Euribia? Do you have plans to cruise on this new Meraviglia-Plus Class ship? Drop us an anchor below to share your experiences sailing with MSC Cruises.