CELEBRITY CRUISES REVEALS NAME OF NEXT EDGE SERIES SHIP
The fifth vessel in the brand’s award-winning Edge Series, Celebrity Xcel, will be in a class of her own when she launches Winter 2025
The countdown is on, and the future of elevated travel at sea is officially on its way. Today, Celebrity Cruises names its next Edge Series ship, Celebrity Xcel. This fifth vessel will continue the innovative experiences coveted in her sister ships and then go even further for an unmatched premium vacation experience.
The reveal was made at Chantiers de l’Atlantique shipyard in Saint-Nazaire, France, as executives from both Royal Caribbean Group and the shipyard cut the first piece of steel for the new ship.
“The Edge Series has shattered preconceived notions of cruising, and I am thrilled to announce our next bold step as a brand with Celebrity Xcel,” said Celebrity Cruises’ President Laura Hodges Bethge. “True to her name, this next ship will ‘Xcel’ beyond her sister ships with entirely new experiences, yet to be revealed, but that will change the game all over again.”
More on Celebrity Xcel
Celebrity Xcel will make her debut in November 2025 in the Caribbean. She will sail her inaugural winter season from Fort Lauderdale on 7-night itineraries alternating between the Bahamas, Mexico, and the Cayman Islands, and Puerto Plata, St. Thomas, and St. Maarten. The sailings are now open for sale.
Like Celebrity Ascent, debuting later this month, Celebrity Xcel will connect guests to the world like never before. The onboard experiences on these ships stand them apart with distinctive features and spaces. Some of these include:
- The Retreat®, an exclusive resort-within-a-resort area for suite guests, highlighted by a two-story sundeck;
- Accommodations for today’s modern tastes from two-story villas with private plunge pools to staterooms with infinite verandas;
- An expanded Rooftop Garden and stunning Resort Deck featuring unique cantilevered float pools;
- A multi-level, multi-terraced Sunset Bar redefining the ship’s aft;
- A Daniel Boulud fine-dining restaurant at sea;
- Live entertainment and activities creating the best date nights and days at sea;
- A boldly redesigned Grand Plaza spanning three decks, creating an airy and open indoor space;
- And the Magic Carpet®, cantilevered above the sea and offering guests uninterrupted vistas while sipping cocktails or having dinner.
SOURCE Celebrity Cruises
Are you happy to hear that Celebrity Cruises names its next Edge Series ship? What do you think of the name Celebrity Xcel? Drop us an anchor below to share your experiences sailing with Celebrity Cruises.