Raising the Bar for Cruising from the UK
- The award-winning Celebrity Apex®, curated by world-renowned designers including Kelly Hoppen CBE, to homeport in Southampton for the first time in 2024
- Uniquely combining distinctive design with world class service, the relaxed luxury cruise brand sets sail with a new standard for vacations from the UK
LONDON (November 1, 2022): Today, Celebrity Cruises announced that for the first time, one of its industry-transforming Edge® Series ships will homeport in Southampton, UK for its entire 2024 season. The second ship in the line’s award-winning Series – Celebrity Apex – will replace the recently-revitalized Celebrity Silhouette, opening up a new way for guests to explore Europe in style.
The exciting news brings one of the brand’s newest and most innovative ships directly to British shores, signaling the importance of the UK market in the fast-recovering cruise industry.
“This truly is an exciting moment for us. Having one of our award-winning Edge® Series ships sailing from Southampton will offer an experience like no other from the UK, connecting guests to the world around them through the innovative outward-facing design and visionary spaces these celebrated ships are known for,” said Lisa Lutoff Perlo, President & CEO of Celebrity Cruises.
“Celebrity Cruises continues to redefine cruising, taking our guests to the world’s best places on the world’s best places.”
Celebrity Cruises Vice President & Managing Director of Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA), Jo Rzymowska, added, “The UK has always been integral to the success of our brand, and homeporting Celebrity Apex from Southampton underlines our commitment to this market and is testament to the strength of local consumer demand, supported by our formidable travel partners. There is huge appetite from UK guests who share our curiosity for people, places and cultures, and our passion for opening up the world through a love of travel. I’m looking forward to welcoming even more of our guests on board Celebrity Apex when she raises the bar for cruising from Southampton in 2024.”
With four-to-13-night sailings from May to November 2024, travelers can delight in the beauty and culture of awe-inspiring Europe, whether for a short multi-city break or an extended adventure at sea.
Brand new for the line from the UK, Celebrity Apex will head to the peak of Europe on a 12-night Norwegian Fjords and Arctic Circle cruise. Travelers will revel in the jaw-dropping scenery of the region’s capital, Tromso, as well as Norway’s northernmost city, Honnigsvag, offering breathtaking natural beauty from hiking its lakes and forests under the midnight sun to watching humpback whales lobtail and leap in its cold waters.
Much further south, a new addition to Celebrity’s itineraries from Southampton include the stunning island of Ibiza, boasting an eclectic landscape of traditional and modern culture, a vibrant culinary scene and mesmerizing beaches in the azure waters of the Mediterranean Sea.
Offering a unique approach to cruise ship design, the award-winning Celebrity Apex features a collaboration of globally renowned designers including British powerhouse Kelly Hoppen CBE; beloved American designer Nate Berkus; the acclaimed Patrick Jouin and Sanjit Manku; and Tom Wright whose visionary spaces provide the canvas for a relaxed luxury resort at sea.
The result of their collaboration is an onboard experience that stands apart from anything else at sea – the exception being her equally stunning sisters, Celebrity Edge® and Celebrity Beyond℠.
Guests onboard can expect to enjoy:
- The exclusive The Retreat® with its stunning suite accommodation, a private restaurant, and an exclusive lounge and sundeck to rival any high-end resort. In addition, a dedicated team of Butlers on-hand 24/7, ensures everything is taken care of while on holiday.
- Transformational accommodation, from modern two-story villas with plunge pools to staterooms with infinite balconies, that blur the boundaries between indoor and outdoor living.
- The Magic Carpet®, soaring cantilevered above the sea and offering guests uninterrupted vistas while sipping cocktails or having dinner.
- A curated collection of 29 culinary venues including the brand-new Craft Social Bar, offering 40 handcrafted boutique beer selections, creative cocktails and a wide selection of a la carte, gourmet comfort food and bar bites. Globally-inspired menus, crafted by Michelin-starred chefs bring the flavors of the world straight to the plate, providing an epicurean journey unmatched at sea.
- 7,000 square feet of retail offerings featuring renowned luxury stand-alone boutiques Bvlgari, Cartier and the first-ever Montblanc lifestyle boutique.
- First-at-sea F45 classes, along with Peloton bikes, and “Women in Wellness” onboard content and experiences from some of the most influential female leaders in wellness, augment well-being offerings throughout the ship.
Ahead of the spring/summer 2024 season, travelers can also sail the continent in 2023 in unrivaled relaxed luxury on all three of Celebrity Cruises’ newest and ground-breaking Edge® Series ships – Celebrity Beyond ℠, Celebrity Apex℠ and Celebrity Edge®.
The sailings visit some of the world’s most breath-taking destinations including the picturesque village of Flam (Norway); the home of one of the Seven Wonders of the World, Alexandria (Egypt); the foodie’s haven, Lisbon (Portugal); the historic maritime city of Kotka (Finland); the renowned city of Jerusalem (Israel) and many more.
Also in 2023, fans of Celebrity Silhouette can continue to enjoy this popular ship as she sails a variety of beautiful European itineraries from Southampton from May to October. Guests can delight in the magical city of Reykjavik (Iceland); the stunning medieval city of Cagliari (Sardinia) and the dramatic landscapes of Ponta Delgada (Azores), amongst many others.
For more information on all sailings available on Celebrity Apex for her spring/summer 2024 season, visit celebritycruises.com/gb/apexfromuk.
For more information on all Celebrity Cruises sailings or to book a Celebrity cruise, contact a trusted travel advisor; book online directly at celebritycruises.com; or contact Celebrity Cruises at 0800 240 4286.
SOURCE Celebrity Cruises
Are you happy to hear that Celebrity Apex is set to homeport in Southampton in 2024? Have you cruised from this popular UK port? Drop us an anchor below to share your upcoming cruise plans.