Princess Cruises Reveals 2023-2024 South America & Antarctica Season
Sapphire Princess Returns Offering Guests Stunning Landscapes, Vibrant Cultures and Fascinating Wildlife
SANTA CLARITA, Calif., (March 24, 2022) – From the origin of the tango, to the home of coffee and the rugged landscape of the most isolated continent on earth, Princess Cruises announced today its diverse program offerings of the 2023-2024 South America and Antarctica season. On sale April 6, 2022, Sapphire Princess returns to this exotic region to visit 19 destinations in 10 countries on five unique itineraries.
With 10 departures, ranging in length from 14- to 34-days, Sapphire Princess cruises offer guests the experience of sailing to Cape Horn – where the Pacific meet the Atlantic – to the Chilean Fjords, stunning mountains of Patagonia, the Falkland Islands famous penguins and the mystic waters of remote Antarctica.
Cruise options include:
Cape Horn & Strait of Magellan – 14 Days – 3 Voyages
- Overnight in Buenos Aires, including scenic cruising of the spectacular Amalia Glacier
- Depart from Buenos Aires (overnight), Montevideo, Puerto Madryn, Falkland Islands (Stanley), Cape Horn scenic cruising, Ushuaia (Tierra del Fuego), Punta Arenas, Amalia Glacier scenic cruising, Puerto Montt and arrive in Santiago
- February 5 and March 4, 2024; reverse itinerary on February 19, 2024
Antarctica & Cape Horn – 16 Days – 3 Voyages
- Featuring four days of cruising the Antarctica region with views of Elephant Island, Antarctic Sound and Gerlache Strait
- Sail from Santiago to Punta Arenas, Ushuaia (Tierra del Fuego), Cape Horn scenic cruising, Antarctic Peninsula scenic cruising (Elephant Island, Antarctic Sound, Deception Island, Gerlache Strait, Neumayer Channel, South Shetland Islands and Admiralty Bay), Falkland Islands (Stanley), Montevideo and arrive in Buenos Aires
- December 19, 2023, January 20, 2024; reverse itinerary on January 4, 2024
Andes & South America – 18 Days – 2 Voyages
- Overnight in Lima (Callao), Peru with an optional overland land tour to UNESCO World Heritage Site, Machu Picchu
- Depart Los Angeles and sail to Costa Rica (Puntarenas), Manta, Lima (overnight), Pisco (General San Martin), La Serena (Coquimbo) and arrive in Santiago – December 1, 2023
- Depart Santiago, La Serena, Pisco, Lima (overnight), Manta, Costa Rica, Puerto Vallarta, Cabo San Lucas, Los Angeles – March 18, 2024
Grand Adventures – 32 or 34 Days – 2 Voyages
- Overnight in Bueno Aires and Lima
- Antarctica, Andes & Cape Horn Grand Adventure (34 days): Sail from Los Angeles Costa Rica, Manta, Lima (overnight), Pisco, La Serena, Santiago, Punta Arenas, Ushuaia, Cape Horn scenic cruising, Antarctic Peninsula scenic cruising (Elephant Island, Antarctic Sound, Deception Island, Gerlache Strait, Neumayer Channel, South Shetland Islands and Admiralty Bay), Falkland Islands, Montevideo and arrive Buenos Aires – departs December 1, 2023
- Andes & Cape Horn Grand Adventure (32 Days): Depart Bueno Aires (overnight) to Montevideo, Puerto Madryn, Falkland Islands, Cape Horn scenic cruising, Ushuaia, Punta Arenas, Amalia Glacier scenic cruising, Puerto Montt, Santiago, La Serena, Pisco, Lima (overnight), Manta, Costa Rica, Puerto Vallarta, Cabo San Lucas, Los Angeles – departs March 4, 2024
For guests wishing to combine a land tour before or after their cruise, Princess offers two cruisetours for South America:
- Iguazú Falls Adventure – features the thundering Iguazú Falls, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, as well as a visit to Rio de Janeiro.
- Machu Picchu Explorer – visits the ancient Inca compound, Machu Picchu, another UNESCO World Heritage Site, plus a tour of the historic city of Cusco.
Guests can enjoy the local sites, wines and cuisines in port, while Princess keeps the destinations alive on board with passionate Argentine folkloric musicians, sumptuous regional dishes and even celebrations of the famed Carnival festival with local dancers and samba classes.
In addition, the 2,670-guest Sapphire Princess offers Princess MedallionClass Vacations which begins with the Medallion™ wearable, a quarter-sized, device that enables everything from expedited contactless boarding to locating loved ones anywhere on the ship, as well as enhanced service like having whatever guests need, delivered directly to them, wherever they are on the ship. In addition, guests can share their favorite cruise moments using MedallionNet, the best WiFi at sea, as well as stay connected with friends and family back home, work remotely anywhere on the ship, quickly post content and stream favorite movies and shows.
Princess past guests are eligible for a Captain’s Circle Launch Discount when booking early and can be combined with launch and group promotions. These discounts aren’t available for third and fourth berth guests. Offer expires July 31, 2022.
Additional information about Princess Cruises is available through a professional travel advisor, by calling 1-800-PRINCESS (1-800-774-6237), or by visiting the company’s website at princess.com.
SOURCE Princess Cruises
What do you think of the news that Princess Cruises reveals its 2023-24 South America & Antarctica Season? Have you cruised this region of the world yet? Drop us an anchor below to share your upcoming cruise plans.