MSC CRUISES ANNOUNCES UPDATES TO SUMMER 2024 SAILINGS
- New itinerary for MSC Musica in the popular West Mediterranean
- Enhanced Greek island itinerary for MSC Opera
MSC Cruises announces updates to its summer 2024 itineraries, including an entirely new set of sailings for MSC Musica in the West Mediterranean and an enhanced Greek Island itinerary for MSC Opera.
From May 13 through Oct. 28, 2024, MSC Musica will offer 7-night sailings out of Civitavecchia to ports in the West Mediterranean. These include Genoa (Italy); Cannes (France); Barcelona and Ibiza (Spain); and Cagliari (Italy) before returning to Civitavecchia.
This new program has replaced the cancelled sailings that included Haifa, Israel, due to the ongoing geopolitical situation.
Additionally, MSC Opera’s existing 7-night sailings between May 12 and Oct. 5, 2024 have been enhanced with additional Greek Island destinations. The new itinerary includes Bari (Italy) and Piraeus for Athens, Santorini, Katakolon, Corfu, and Kefalonia (Greece).
MSC Musica’s New Itinerary Highlights
- Civitavecchia for Rome: Guests can venture to nearby Rome for a captivating journey through history. This lively capital has something for everyone, including an abundance of historical landmarks, exquisite Italian cuisine, markets, and museums. Guests will get the chance to visit some of the city’s most iconic sites including the Colosseum and Trevi Fountain.
- Genoa, Italy: This charming city is home to historical monuments, beautiful churches, palaces, a renowned aquarium, and breathtaking harbor views. Leisurely strolls along Via Garibaldi, visits to Genoa’s palaces including the Nicolosio Lomellino, indulging in the city’s restaurants, and taking in the impressive architecture of the Genoa Cathedral are some of the many options.
- Cannes, France: For a blend of glamor, beauty, and Mediterranean charm, look no further than this French Riviera hotspot. This city offers a range of attractions including breathtaking sceneries, pristine beaches, restaurants, upscale shops along Boulevard de la Croisette, and the city’s old town, Le Suquet.
- Barcelona, Spain: This bustling city features stunning architecture, colorful culture, picturesque beaches, and numerous museums and historical sites. Guests can explore Antoni Gaudí’s iconic Sagrada Família, the famous boulevard of the Ramblas, the medieval Barric Gòtic, the Musea Picasso, and more.
- Ibiza, Spain: Boasting an array of stunning beaches, scenic landscapes, lively nightlife, and rich archaeological sites, the island captivates guests. Whether it’s getting lost in the cobblestone streets of the fortified old town, Dalt Vila, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, or seeking tranquility at Cala D’Hort, there’s no shortage of activities.
- Cagliari, Italy: The capital city of the island of Sardinia makes for the perfect holiday destination. Well known for its rich history, turquoise waters, architectural treasures, and a haven for food lovers. Some of its most prominent sites include the medieval fortress, Castello, with beautiful views overlooking the city, the 13th-century Cagliari Cathedral, and the impressive Bastione San Remy.
MSC Opera’s New Itinerary Highlights
- Bari, Italy: This ancient port city offers a remarkable mix of old and new. It features historic churches, castles, and piazzas positioned near modern galleries, shops, and museums. Home to breathtaking beaches and world-class restaurants, this city is truly a memorable seaside destination. Guests can experience natural wonders like the renowned Sassi di Matera, ancient cave dwellings carved into the mountain in the nearby city of Matera.
- Piraeus (Athens), Greece: Piraeus, home to the largest port in Greece, offers a wealth of activities, sites, and waterfront cafés. Its perfectly situated for an easy getaway to Athens, the capital of Greece and one of the world’s oldest cities. Athens is full of architecture, local cuisine, and impressive ancient attractions, including the majestic Parthenon.
- Santorini, Greece: Guests won’t want to miss is Santorini, acclaimed for its beaches, whitewashed buildings, blue-domed churches, and awe-inspiring views of the Aegean Sea. Enjoy the laid-back atmosphere of the quaint villages, take a dip in the revitalizing sea, or marvel at the world-famous sunsets.
- Katakolon, Greece: This seaside town overlooking the Ionian Sea is a charming destination situated in western Greece. It boasts a picturesque harbor, a lighthouse, and attractions including the “Kostas Kotsanas” Museum of Ancient Greek Technology. The town is a gateway to the ancient site of Olympia, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and the birthplace of the Olympic Games. Here, guests can visit iconic sites such as the remains of the Temple of Zeus and the ancient stadium.
- Corfu, Greece: This resort island makes an ideal vacation destination. Its capital city, also named Corfu, is one of Greece’s ancient gems. It’s filled with historical landmarks such as a Venetian Fortress and a UNESCO World Heritage old town, with winding cobblestone streets, beautiful churches, and an array of restaurants and shops.
- Kefalonia, Greece: This magnificent Greek island is well-known for its awe-inspiring caves, sandy coves, stunning beaches, and breathtaking turquoise waters. This natural paradise is home to turtles and seals. There’s also the spectacular Melissani and Drogarati caves or the picturesque villages of Fiscardo and Asos.
Are you happy to hear that MSC announces updates to Summer 2024 itineraries due to the ongoing geopolitical situation in Israel? Did you have plans to cruise on MSC Musica or Opera next year? Drop us an anchor below to share your experiences sailing with MSC Cruises.