Holland America Line’s 2025 Canada/New England Season Features New ‘Legendary Voyage,’ More Late-Night Stays and Maiden Calls
Two ships offer nearly 30 departures including a 25-day ‘Legendary Voyage’
For its 2025 Canada and New England Season, Holland America Line is expanding its offering of longer voyages. The cruise line is adding maiden ports and showcasing a 25-day “Legendary Voyage” that explores Greenland and Iceland. With convenient departures from Boston, Massachusetts and Montreal or Quebec City, Quebec, the cruises are an ideal close-to-home vacation. Guests can enjoy the region’s idyllic summer season or changing leaves in the fall.
From May through October, Zuiderdam offers a series of seven-day departures. The ports highlight the Atlantic Coast’s delicious seafood, maritime history, charming seaside towns, and natural beauty. Volendam offers 10- and 11-day itineraries that include ports with a blend of historical English and French influences. Repositioning cruises to and from Fort Lauderdale, Florida include a maiden call at Yorktown (Williamsburg), Virginia.
In September, Volendam also will offer three seven-day cruises that feature highlights from the region and fall foliage opportunities.
“With Zuiderdam beginning in May, we will slightly increase our capacity in the region from previous years and add more verandah staterooms available for booking,” said Beth Bodensteiner, Holland America Line’s chief commercial officer. “Plus, our itineraries present several choices for a truly unique vacation that explores a culturally-rich region from an easy gateway for an extended season, including the popular fall foliage and longer voyages up to Greenland and Iceland.”
Highlights of the 2025 Season
- A 25-day “Canada, New England, Greenland and Iceland” Legendary Voyage on Volendam sails roundtrip from Boston, enhancing Holland America Line’s homeport initiative. The cruise makes six calls around Iceland, with 11 additional visits in Greenland, Maine, and Canada’s Nova Scotia, Labrador, and Newfoundland. New for the 2025 season is the port of Eastport, Maine.
- Zuiderdam will sail two different seven-day itineraries: “Canada & New England: UNESCO Sites & Québécois Nights,” between Boston and Québec City; and “Canada & New England Circle: New Brunswick,” sailing roundtrip Boston. Select dates have late-night departures from Quebec City; Portland, Maine; or Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island.
- Volendam will cruise between Boston and Montréal in both the summer and fall on a series of 10- and 11-day itineraries. This includes a new 11-day “Canada and New England Circle” itinerary either roundtrip Boston or Montreal.
- Volendam offers 14-day repositioning cruises along the Atlantic Coast between Montréal and Fort Lauderdale in June and September. Both cruises include the maiden port of Yorktown (Williamsburg). Guests can visit Yorktown’s lovingly preserved colonial homes and historic battlefields.
- Zuiderdam’s 15-day Atlantic Coast cruise from Ft. Lauderdale to Quebec City in May features an overnight at Quebec City and a call at Yorktown. It also features late-night departures from Newport, Maine; and Charlottetown, PEI.
- Both Volendam and Zuiderdam will cruise the region in the fall so more guests can view the changing foliage. Itineraries feature scenic cruising through the Gulf of St. Lawrence and Saguenay Fjord.
- Holland America Line’s perfectly sized ships enable cruising the scenic St. Lawrence River, with calls at Montréal and Québec City on nearly every itinerary.
Have It All Early Booking Bonus
When guests book 2025 Canada and New England cruises with the Have It All premium package, the standard package amenities of shore excursions, specialty dining, a Signature Beverage Package, and Surf Wi-Fi are included. Plus, the added perk of free prepaid Crew Appreciation, along with free upgrades to the Elite Beverage Package and Premium Wi-Fi.
Beginning cruise-only fares for 2025 Canada New England cruises range from $979 to $4,699 per person, double occupancy. Taxes, fees and port expenses are additional.
SOURCE Holland America Line
Are you happy to hear that Holland America Line’s 2025 Canada/New England Season features more late-night stays and maiden calls? Have you visited Canada and New England on a cruise? Drop us an anchor below to share your experiences sailing with Holland America.