NEW YORK CITY WELCOMES CELEBRITY CRUISES’ NEWEST AND MOST LUXURIOUS SHIP, CELEBRITY BEYOND, AS IT BEGINS ITS INAUGURAL U.S. SEASON
- Highly-anticipated, transformational new ship arrives in New York, with 1st American female Captain – Kate McCue – on the Bridge
- Nate Berkus, a lead designer on Celebrity Beyond, and Chef Daniel Boulud, launching his first restaurant at sea on board the ship, will both be in attendance for special event
NEW YORK (October 25, 2022) – Start spreading the news! Against the iconic backdrop of Lady Liberty and the lower Manhattan skyline, Celebrity Cruises’ newest and most luxurious ship Celebrity BeyondSM celebrated its arrival in the New York region today, marking its much anticipated North American debut.
The latest in the industry-transforming Edge Series®, Celebrity Beyond will officially set sail on its inaugural U.S. season from the Port of Bayonne on October 26, offering guests the chance to experience beauty and wonder at sea like never before.
Celebrity Beyond and her crew of over 1,400, sailed into port at Cape Liberty, Bayonne with trailblazer Captain Kate McCue, the first and only American female cruise ship captain, on the Bridge, along with Captain Dimitris Kafetzis, who had the honor of completing the ship’s transatlantic crossing.
Following a series of European sailings earlier this summer, the ship now embarks for the first time from U.S shores on a variety of Caribbean itineraries, where guests will visit the picturesque islands of St. Thomas, St. Maarten, the Bahamas, Grand Caymans and more.
A next generation ship that embodies the intersection of architecture and design, Celebrity Beyond goes further than imagined possible for a cruise ship, giving guests endless opportunities to disconnect from the world — while simultaneously reconnecting with the world that surrounds them.
With its innovative, inspirational design from the world’s leading architects and interior designers, fine dining experiences from Michelin starred chefs, world renowned wellness partners, exquisite art, cutting-edge entertainment and luxury brand retailers, along with Celebrity’s uniquely intuitive service, Beyond shatters every preconceived notion of the cruising experience, representing the epitome of a relaxed luxury resort at sea.
“Today marks the start of a game-changing couple of weeks for our brand. Our newest, most awe-inspiring and expectation-defying ship, Celebrity Beyond, is making her North American debut in the Big Apple today; and next week we will officially name her with the amazing Simone Biles as the ship’s godmother,” said Celebrity Cruises President and CEO Lisa Lutoff-Perlo.
“This ship is at the forefront of travel innovation – it’s a luxury resort, spa resort and culinary haven combined into one exceptional ‘Journey WonderFULL.’ There has never been a better time to journey to the world’s best places on one of the world’s best places.”
Beyond All Expectations
Inspired by a vision to take the cruise industry into the next era of luxury, Celebrity Cruises assembled an award-winning dream team of modern lifestyle icons for Celebrity Beyond to bring to life extraordinary experiences that allow guests to connect with each other, the sea, and the world around them.
Celebrity Beyond showcases the design talents of multi-award-winning British designer Kelly Hoppen CBE; celebrated American designer Nate Berkus; and lauded Paris-based design firm Jouin Manku; the innovation of British architect Tom Wright; the culinary talents of Michelin-starred chef and restaurateur Daniel Boulud; and experiences and products from goop CEO and founder Gwyneth Paltrow, the brand’s Well-Being Advisor.
Every element of Celebrity Beyond’s look and feel sets the brand apart from others in the industry with a host of innovative spaces and luxurious amenities, including:
- The Retreat®, an exclusive resort-within-a-resort area for suite guests highlighted by a two-story Retreat Sundeck with secluded cabanas, chic new seating areas, additional water features and the exclusive Retreat Bar; the warm and inviting Retreat Lounge; and the adjacent private restaurant Luminae.
- Accommodations with fresh color palettes and design details that blur the boundaries between indoor and outdoor living, including the two-story Edge Villas with outdoor plunge pools; and 1900-square-feet Iconic Suites, the largest in the fleet, with a private sundeck.
- A Rooftop Garden and stunning Resort Deck featuring unique cantilevered float pools and sunken seating areas;
- A multi-level, multi-terraced Sunset Bar, redefining the ship’s aft with its internationally-inspired beach club ambience;
- 32 distinct food and drink venues, including Le Voyage a first-ever Chef Daniel Boulud fine-dining restaurant at sea;
- New AquaClass SkySuites, an immersive living experience including floor-to-ceiling ocean views, private balconies, luxurious bedding, complimentary access to the spa’s Thermal Suite and other wellness amenities to help guests find their center;
- A selection of signature goop retail products and well-being experiences from the brand including fitness tools for AquaClass guests, on-demand wellness classes on stateroom TVs, a custom detox smoothie and more;
- A bold Grand Plaza spanning three decks at the center of the ship, creating an airy and open indoor space with the brand’s signature Martini Bar as the showpiece;
- The Magic Carpet®, an engineering feat, considered one of the most unique design innovations ever for a cruise ship, that soars cantilevered above the sea, offering guests uninterrupted vistas while sipping cocktails or having dinner;
- And cutting-edge entertainment including a host of new live show spectaculars and onboard interactive experiences that are as revolutionary, technologically mind-blowing and carefully crafted as the ship itself.
Celebrity Beyond departs on her inaugural U.S. voyage on October 26 from New York for a 9-night Southern Caribbean cruise visiting Royal Naval Dockyard, Bermuda; Willemstad, Curacao; and Oranjestad, Aruba before docking in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
She will then offer a variety of Caribbean journeys including seven-night Puerto Plata, St. Thomas & St. Maarten itineraries and seven-night Bahamas, Mexico, & Grand Cayman itineraries. Voyages are now on sale.
For more information on all Celebrity Beyond sailings, visit https://www.celebritycruises.com/gb/cruise-ships/celebrity-beyond.
SOURCE Celebrity Cruises
Are you excited to hear that Celebrity Beyond arrives in the U.S.? Do you have plans to sail on this newest ship in the Celebrity Cruises fleet? Drop us an anchor below to share your upcoming cruise plans.