CARNIVAL BRAND AMBASSADOR JOHN HEALD TALKS 50 YEARS OF FUN WITH VIDEO SERIES FEATURING CARNIVAL EXECUTIVES AND TEAM MEMBERS
To commemorate Carnival Cruise Line’s 50th birthday celebration, Carnival Cruise Line Brand Ambassador John Heald is taking his fans on a trip down memory lane. His new video series, “Between Two Banners,” is a historic and FUN-filled journey that delves into a half century of Carnival stories as told by those who have been with the brand throughout the last five decades.
Over the next three weeks, fans will hear John reminisce with former and current Carnival team members as they relive some of their fondest memories while working with the brand.
The interview series, which will air at noon ET on the dates listed below on John’s Facebook page, kicks off on March 21 with Terry Thornton, retired senior vice president of nautical and port operations. The series culminates in a special three-part interview with Carnival Corp. Chairman Micky Arison, who, with his father Ted, founded Carnival Cruise Line with the launch of the original TSS Mardi Gras in March 1972. The full interview schedule is:
- Monday, March 21: Terry Thornton, Senior Vice President, Nautical and Port Operations (Retired) with Carnival for 34 years.
- Wednesday, March 23: Vicky Rey, Vice President, Guest Care and Communications, a 40-year Carnival veteran.
- Friday, March 25: Stefan Christoffersson, Vice President, Housekeeping, Laundry and VSP with Carnival for 29 years.
- Monday, March 28: Gerry Cahill, President & CEO (2007-2014, Retired).
- Wednesday, March 30: Shahnaz Kashanipour, Director, Guest Operation Leader with Carnival for 34 years.
- Friday, April 1: Part 1 – Micky Arison, Chairman, Carnival Corp.
- Monday, April 4: Part 2 – Micky Arison, Chairman, Carnival Corp.
- Wednesday, April 6: Part 3 – Micky Arison, Chairman, Carnival Corp.
Heald joined Carnival Cruise Line as a bartender aboard the since-retired Carnival Holiday nearly 35 years ago. His quick wit and engaging personality made him a natural for the entertainment world, and in 1989 he joined the entertainment department as a social host. He was promoted to cruise director a year later. As the line’s Brand Ambassador, he emcees unique events, hosts special voyages and keeps fans engaged through his highly popular Facebook fan page, which has close to 400,000 fans.
For more information on Carnival Cruise Line and to book a cruise vacation, call 1-800-CARNIVAL, visit www.carnival.com, or contact your favorite travel advisor or online travel site.
SOURCE Carnival Cruise Line
What do you think of the news that Carnival Brand Ambassador John Heald talks 50 years of fun in this new video series? Will you be tuning into this fun-filled journey? Drop us an anchor below to share what you love about Carnival Cruise Line.