Wonder of the Seas is Royal Caribbean’s fifth Oasis-Class ship. Set to be the world’s largest cruise ship when she debuts, Wonder of the Seas has just been repositioned from China to the U.S. and Europe beginning in March of 2022. With this great news, there are many reasons to be excited for Wonder of the Seas. If you haven’t already booked a sailing on this new ship, what are you waiting for?
Brand New Video Reasons to Be Excited for Wonder of the Seas!
Reasons to Be Excited for Wonder of the Seas
Wonder of the Seas will set sail from a new homeport of Fort Lauderdale, Florida on March 4, 2022. Then, she will make her way to Barcelona and Rome in May for a summer season in the Mediterranean.
While in the Caribbean, Wonder of the Seas will sail a variety of Eastern and Western Caribbean itineraries, all including a visit to Perfect Day at CocoCay.
Largest Ship to Date
Weighing in at a whopping 236,857 gross tons, Wonder of the Seas will steal the title of world’s largest cruise ship from her sister Symphony of the Seas.
This new ship will have a total guest capacity of 6,988 (5,734 guests at double occupancy) and 2,300 crew members. Wonder of the Seas will be 210 feet wide and 1,188 feet long. She will have 18 total decks (with 24 guest elevators) and 2,867 staterooms.
With all this space, Royal Caribbean is taking your ultimate cruise vacation to the next level with more ways to wonder than ever.
8 Exciting Neighborhoods
Expanding upon the neighborhood concept from previous Oasis-Class ships, Wonder of the Seas will have 8 exciting neighborhoods. Debuting on this ship is the brand new Suite Neighborhood.
This new neighborhood offers Royal Suite guests an elevated Suite Sun Deck in a new location. This neighborhood is complete with a plunge pool, bar, and plenty of loungers. There’s also familiar favorites such as Coastal Kitchen and the Suite Lounge. Not to mention, the best Ultimate Family Suite yet, accommodating up to 10 family members.
All your other favorite neighborhoods can also be found on Wonder of the Seas.
- Central Park – This live greenspace is home to more than 20,000 plants and some of the fleet’s best specialty restaurants and high-end boutiques.
- Boardwalk – The family-friendly Boardwalk is an outdoor area at the aft of the ship that offers fun day and night. Some features include twin rock-climbing walls, a carousel, and the most immersive AquaTheater to date complete with a partial shelter for cooler temperatures.
- Pool & Sports Zone – This neighborhood is the place to be on sea days. You can soak up the sun in the pools and whirlpools, soar on the zip line, plunge down the Perfect Storm waterslides, hang ten on the FlowRider, or brave the Ultimate Abyss.
- Entertainment Place – This neighborhood features headliner shows and original productions in the Royal Theater, ice-skating spectaculars, comedy shows, and more.
- Royal Promenade – This neighborhood is the heart of the ship, where shopping, dining, and entertainment come together. Favorites like the Bionic Bar and Rising Tide Bar can be found here.
- Vitality Spa & Fitness Center – The dedicated spa and fitness center offers a full-scale gym and spa treatments for the ultimate in relaxation. It’s also home to Vitality Café, which serves up a menu of light fare.
- Youth Zone – The newly designed kids and teens spaces include Adventure Ocean, Social100, and The Patio. These action-packed areas are full of innovative common spaces, educational activities, games, and other thrills.
Caribbean Pool Deck
With the new fan-favorite Lime & Coconut bar taking center stage, the Caribbean Pool Deck on Wonder of the Seas will feature all the same Caribbean vibes as the other amplified ships in the fleet.
Further, the pool deck will have comfy casitas and in-pool loungers to relax, live music, movies under the stars at the largest poolside movie screen in the Royal Caribbean fleet, and more.
Additionally, younger adventurers will love the new underwater-themed play area on Wonder of the Seas. Wonder Playscape is a whole new adventure for kids to explore.
With slides, climbing walls, games, an interactive mural activated by touch, and puzzles, this new, open-air playground comes to life. This area will make your little ones wonder if any playground back home can ever live up to this.
The new feature on Wonder of the Seas that we are perhaps the most excited about is The Vue. The Vue is a new cantilevered bar offering panoramic ocean views from high above on the pool deck. After sunset, it shines bright with a colorful mosaic canopy.
Are you excited for Wonder of the Seas? Are you booking a cruise on this new ship? Drop us an anchor below to share what features you love from Royal Caribbean’s Oasis-Class of ships.