Our Holiday Gift Guide: Top Cruise Gifts for 2015
It’s that time of year, Christmas is here. Santa is making his list and checking it twice. So, have you been naughty or nice? Let’s hope you’ve been good because we have a great list of the Top Cruise Gifts for 2015!
The 20 Top Cruise Gifts for 2015
20. Cruise Tag Holders – Why waste time folding and stapling your cruise tags to your luggage. With these nifty, reusable holders, you won’t have to worry about your tags falling off and the possibility of your luggage not getting to your stateroom. These inexpensive cruise tag holders make great stocking stuffers.
19. Towel clips– These perfect gadgets will solve all your tanning dilemmas while laying out in the Caribbean sun on your next cruise. Just clip to secure your towel to the chair and no more blowing in the wind. These towel clips make another great stocking stuffer for all the cruisers in your life.
18. Luggage tags – All luggage tends to look the same at the airport, so make yours stand out. Whether it is colorful, meaningful, or sparkly, a luggage tag that expresses your personality is a great little item to have. I personally love these flip flip luggage tags.
17. Anchor bottle stopper or bottle opener – Why not add something nautical to your home decor to remind you of the sea even when you aren’t cruising. These anchor bottle stoppers and bottle openers are great little gadgets to have around your kitchen and will make for good conversation with guests this holiday season.
16.. Inflatable hangers – Every cruiser knows that storage space is limited and that you can never have enough hangers. These inflatable hangers are lightweight and take up virtually no space in your suitcase. You can use them for extra storage in the closet or to hang wet bathing suits to dry in the bathroom, so be sure to add them to your Christmas list this year.
15.. Travel luggage scale– Always worried that your suitcases will weigh in at more than 50 lbs. at the airport? Well, worry no more because this portable scale will allow you to weigh your luggage when packing to ensure it is less than 50 lbs. and avoid those embarrassing moments at the airport.
14. Water bottle – This water bottle and pill organizer combo is a great space saving tool. If you need to take medications throughout the day, this bottle will come in handy poolside or while ashore at a port of call. It has separate daily compartments so you can take a week supply of medications with you on your cruise.
13. Double wine bottle protector – Most cruise lines allow for 2 bottles of wine to be taken onboard. That’s why this double wine bottle protector makes our list of the Top Cruise Gifts for 2015. It offers a convenient carry case complete with a handle for 2 bottles. The soft neoprene case will protect the bottles and takes up virtually no extra space in your luggage.
12. Waterproof case – Perfect for those beach trips or times spent near the water, these cases give you easy access to your phone with additional protection. They are not fool proof, so I would not recommend submerging your phone in water when in one of these travel pouches, but they are an inexpensive accessory to have around the pool or at the beach.
11. Selfie stick – Yes, 2015 is the year of the selfie stick. This Quick Pod Selfie Extreme is no ordinary selfie stick though. It can be used with a GoPro, smart phone, or camera and comes complete with multiple attachments/accessories. The best part is that it extends from 1.5 to 4 feet to incorporate you and the scenery in your shots!
10. Gorillapod – This handy camera accessory also comes with a smart phone attachment that makes taking pictures a breeze. If you don’t want to get caught up in the selfie stick trend, this gorillpod offers another option for you to capture selfies of you and your family. Just secure this flexible tripod in place, set your camera’s self timer, and get ready to pose.
9. Travel power strip – We cruisers all know that outlets are very limited on ships, so it is always a good idea to bring a small multi-charger tool to allow for extra charging locations for all those portable devices. This small, yet efficient device offers 2 extra rotating outlets and 2 USB outlets. Of course, there are larger versions available if you want more outlet space.
8.Gadget and Cord Travel Organizer – If you are a techie who loves to travel with all the latest gadgets but gets overwhelmed with all the cords that go along with them, then this organizer is perfect for you. It offers a tablet storage compartment and plenty of woven elastic grid space to neatly pack and store all the associated cords and other accessories.
7. Beach Bag – The ladies will agree with me that no cruise would be complete without the perfect nautically themed beach bag, so that’s why it makes our list of the Top Cruise Gifts for 2015. This waterproof option comes in a select variety of color patterns and has zip closure pockets. You can even go the extra mile and get the bag embroidered for that special someone this holiday season.
6. Lens for iPhone – Another great gift for the tech savvy in your life is this iPhone lens. Instead of carrying around an iPhone and a camera, why not take camera quality photos right from your iPhone? This compact lens can clip on and off your device and offers a greater variety of shooting options with its 4 in 1 design. This is going on our Christmas list this year!
5. Fit Bit – The fit bit makes for a great gift for the health-conscious cruiser in your life. This wearable band not only serves as a watch but also keeps track of your calories burned, distance walked, and steps taken during your day. Some models will also track your heart rate and sleep quality. Now you indulge in a few goodies and make sure you work off the calories later!
This familiar looking white bedding set will make you feel like you are falling asleep on your favorite cruise ship every night. The bedding collection is available in Full, Queen, and King sizes.
Then why not continue the Royal Caribbean trend into the bathroom with this towel set embroidered with the crown and anchor. The set includes 2 bath towels, 2 hand towels, 2 face towels, and a bath mat.
3. Onboard Experiences – If the cruisers in your life already have most of the handy items listed above, and you are still looking for ideas for gifts this holiday season, purchase a unique onboard experience. Some cruise lines will allow you to purchase items as gifts such as specialty dining, spa treatments, and shore excursions.
Even if you can’t purchase these items directly, you can never go wrong with a cruise company gift card that can be used to purchase any of the above as well as drinks and more!
2. Bluesmart luggage – If you want to splurge a little this holiday season, then be one of the first to purchase this new bluesmart carry-on sized luggage. Although it comes at a hefty price, this piece of luggage does just about everything! That is why it ranks number 2 on our list of the Top Cruise Gifts for 2015. It connects wirelessly to your smart phone so you can lock it, weigh it, locate it remotely. It even has an easy to access electronics compartment for going through airport security and a built in phone charger.
1. Cruise Vacation – Of course a cruise vacation ranks number 1 on our list of the Top Cruise Gifts for 2015! Who wouldn’t enjoy waking up on Christmas morning to find that Santa has delivered a cruise vacation? Even for those who have not cruised before, a cabin on the newest or hottest ship is sure to get them excited and ready to “sea the world one port at a time”.
Do you agree with our list of the 2o Top Cruise Gifts for 2015? Are there any items you would add to this list? Drop us an anchor below to tell us your favorites and help your fellow cruisers get the perfect gifts this holiday season!